I had hoped to get way more done today than I did but I spent an hour looking for a stamp set that has gone AWOL! Seriously, it's missing and I have no idea where it might be. I finally gave up and decided on a different project for my club ladies when we meet on the 21st.
I did spend time today working on this card and it encompasses so many different elements that I don't know where to begin. When I was playing around with the faux metal a week or so ago, I made this little flower one and hadn't done anything with it. I decided I needed to use it. I had been wanting to try the paper medallion so I thought the flower would be a good center for the medallion. The medallion took me a little longer than I thought it would but I think part of that is the fact that I'm a visual learner and so when I don't actually see someone do something I find it hard to copy it. I got the directions off page 5 of the SAB catalog but even with their little pictures I had trouble. The last element is the great "quilted" top note. I have my friend and fellow demo Amy to thank for that. She told me how to do it one night when we were chatting and I just hadn't gotten around to trying it, but somehow I managed to get all three of these elements on this card and I actually like it! This card uses two SAB sets, the SAB designer series paper and the SAB ribbon offering. So, there's my card making triathlon story. All products from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp sets: Congrats (SAB), Polka Dot Punches (SAB)
Paper: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Delicate Dots DSP (SAB), Metallic Silver
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Silver embossing powder, 1 inch square punch, Celery Poly Twill ribbon (SAB), Top Note Die for the Big Shot, glue dots
I hope you enjoy this card. Hopefully, I'll have something new to post tomorrow. If not, check back Thursday for sure.